What has happened since the Chicago Cubs have won the World Series?
1908 WAS THE LAST TIME THE CHICAGO CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES. SINCE THEN:
1. The radio was invented.
2. Four states have been admitted to the Union.
3. The atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
4. The television was invented.
5. The U.S. went through the Great Depression.
6. The US has participated in two World Wars and three major armed conflicts.
7. The National Football League was founded.
8. Man landed on the moon.
9. Halley's comet has passed the Earth twice.
10. Thirteen different Presidents have been elected, one has resigned, and one has been impeached, but not removed.
11. Harry Carey was born, fired by the Cardinals, and passed away.
12. Wrigley Field was built and has become the oldest baseball park in the National League.
13. Five flag poles which were erected at Wrigley Field for the purpose of holding World Series flags have worn out and been replaced without ever holding a pennant.
14. The State of Illinois financed a new park for the Chicago White Sox.
15. Chicago has been home to one World Series, one Super Bowl, three Stanley Cups, and six NBA championship winners.
16. Lights have been added to 30 major league baseball stadiums.
17. Fourteen teams have been added to the major leagues.
18. Baseball and softball have become Olympic sports.
19. The World Series has been won by nineteen different franchises, including four expansion teams and one from Canada.
20. Al Gore invented the internet.
21. Hundreds of boys were born, raised, played inept baseball for the Cubs, retired, and died of old age.
22. THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS HAVE WON 4 CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIPS, 15 NL PENNANTS AND 9 WORLD SERIES.